Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peaches - Fruit Leather

I decided to try making some peach leather with some of my extra peaches that were too smushed and pulpy to can. I mashed them together in a bowl with my potato masher and when they were pretty much pulp I spread them on wax paper on a cooky sheet. As you can see from my picture I spread it pretty thin and I really could have made it half this thick. I put the pulp in my stove on warm (170 degrees) for about 5 hours. The edges started to get leathery but since I had spread it so thick it took extra time for the middle to cook through (typical time for fruit leather is 3-6 hours on a low heat). So I had to take a couple days to cook this through. You can see the results below. Some recipes suggest adding sugar but my peaches were so super sweet any additional sugar would have been sickening sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment